FAQ About Our Elections
If you don't see your question here, please contact us through one of the forms available on this site and we will add them.
What does my voter ID card tell me?
The VUID is your voter registration number; Prec. No. - voting precinct number; USREP - U. S. Representative district; STREP - State Representative district; STSEN - State Senate district; COMM - Commissioner precinct; JP - Justice of the Peace district and SCHOOL - school district. In our county we all have the same US REP- #13; State REP- #68; State Senator- #30; JP -#1; and we have 6 Voter precincts (1-6), 4 Commissioner precincts (1-4) and 3 school districts (JISD, PISD, BISD.)
When is the last day to register to vote?
The last day to register to vote for the Primary is Feb. 3, 2020.
What are acceptable forms of ID to take with me to vote?
1. Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
2. Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
3. Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
4. Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
5. United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
6. United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
7. United States passport.
May I bring someone with me to the booth?
There are circumstances in which this is allowed, but the Election Judge will make that determination.
Is it okay to bring a list of candidates or cell phone with me to the voting booth?
You may bring a list with you on paper, but cell phones are not allowed.